Kalpit Hospital, the best multispeciality hospital in Khalilabad, Uttar Pradesh, is empaneled with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to offer health assistance to the financially weaker section of the society.
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY), also known as Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Scheme, launched in September 2018 by the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, is a national public health insurance fund provided by the Government of India, with an aim to provide free access to health insurance coverage for low-income earners in India. A large population in India is benefitting from the program since it came into existence.
The program provides free
- Secondary health care to all those who need specialist treatment
- Tertiary health care for those who require hospitalization
The primary health care service is not covered under the program. People using the program can avail of primary health care on their own from a family doctor. And if additional care is required on the secondary or tertiary level, people could get access to the program.
The National Health Authority, established by the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, administers the comprehensive program. This means-tested program is centrally sponsored and is funded by both the union government and the states. It offers services to 50 crores (500 million) people and thus claims to be the world’s largest government-sponsored healthcare program.
Salient features of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- Provides a cover of ₹5 lakh per family per year for medical treatment in empaneled hospitals, both public and private
- Offers cashless treatment and paperless recordkeeping
- Covers three days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization, including diagnostic care and expenses on medicines
- Uses criteria from the Socio-Economic and Caste Census 2011 to determine the eligibility criteria for getting the benefit
- Makes no restrictions on family size, age, or gender
- Covers all previous medical conditions
- Provides access to free COVID-19 testing
- It is a portable program and a beneficiary can avail of medical treatment at any PM-JAY empaneled hospital outside their state or anywhere in the country
Kalpit Hospital, the best hospital in Khalilabad, Uttar Pradesh, empaneled with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, offers all kinds of health assistance on the secondary and tertiary level to the people who have access to the scheme.